CCR prices decrease by 1.1%, RCR and OCR prices both increase by 0.6% in October 2022.
According to the SRX Price Index for Condo Resale:
- Month-on-month, overall prices increase by 0.3% over September 2022.
- Year-on-year, overall prices increase by 10.5% over October 2021.
- Year-on-year, all regions experience price increases: CCR by 5.7%, RCR by 9.9% and OCR by 12.3%.
- An estimated 1,240 units are resold in October 2022, a 11.6% decrease from the 1,402 units resold in September 2022.
- Volumes are 24.2% lower than in October 2021, and 0.7% higher than the 5-year average volumes for the month of October.
- Breaking it down by region, in October 2022, 61.1% of the volumes are from OCR, 23.0% from RCR and 15.9% from CCR.
3. The highest transacted price for a resale unit in October is achieved at $13,003,000 at 3 Orchard By The Park.
- In RCR, the highest transacted price is a unit at Reflections At Keppel Bay resold for $12,500,000.
- In OCR, the highest transacted price is a unit at The Hacienda resold for $5,400,000.
4. The overall median capital gain for resale condos is $305,981 in October 2022, a decrease of $14,819 from September 2022.
- District 21 (Clementi Park / Upper Bukit Timah) posts the highest median capital gain at $688,056. District 12 (Balestier / Toa Payoh) posts the lowest capital gain at $156,500.
- The overall median unlevered return for resale condos is 27.2% in October 2022.
District 21 (Clementi Park / Upper Bukit Timah) posts the highest median unlevered return at 52.7%. District 12 (Balestier / Toa Payoh) posts the lowest median unlevered return at 15.0%.
The capital gains and returns of a condo resale unit are calculated by comparing the current transacted price with the previous transacted price of the same unit. Districts with fewer than 10 matching transactions are excluded from the ranking.