- CCR prices increase by 1.1% while RCR and OCR prices both increase by 0.6% in April 2022.
According to the SRX Price Index for Condo Resale:
Month-on-month, overall prices increase by 0.7% over March 2022.
Year-on-year, overall prices increase by 9.0% over April 2021.
Year-on-year, all regions experience price increases: CCR by 7.4%, RCR by 6.7% and OCR by 10.8%.
- An estimated 1,368 units are resold in April 2022, a 2.2% decrease from the 1399 units resold in March 2022.
Volumes are 31.3% lower than in April 2021, and 17.8% higher than the 5-year average volumes for the month of April.
Breaking it down by region, in April 2022, 56.3% of the volumes are from OCR, 27.8% from RCR and 15.9% from CCR.
- The highest transacted price for a resale unit in the month is achieved at $10.25 million at The Orchard Residences.
In RCR, the highest transacted price is a unit at Silversea resold for $9.5 million.
In OCR, the highest transacted price is a unit at The Parc Condominium resold for $3.3 million.
- Overall median capital gain is $250,000 in April 2022. This represents an increase of $12,000 from March 2022. The capital gain or loss of a condo resale unit is calculated by comparing the current transacted price with the previous transacted price of the same unit.
- District 11 (Newton / Novena) posts the highest median capital gain at $513,000, followed by District 21 (Clementi Park / Upper Bukit Timah) at $436,600.
- District 4 (Sentosa / Harbourfront) is the only district with a median capital loss at $9,900.
- Capital gain data only include districts with more than 10 matching transactions.