HDB resale prices increase 0.9% in September 2021 compared to August 2021. Mature and Non-Mature Estates prices increase by 0.6% and 1.1% respectively, as compared to August 2021. In terms of room types, 3 Room, 4 Room, 5 Room and Executive prices increase by 1.0%, 0.9%, 0.5% and 1.3% respectively.
According to the SRX Property Price Index for HDB Resale:
- Year-on-year, the overall price increase is 13.8%.
- Year-on-year, prices for all room types increase in September 2021: 3 Room by 15.3%, 4 Room by 13.7%, 5 Room by 13.1% and Executive by 13.2%.
- Mature and Non-Mature Estates prices increase by 11.9% and 15.2% respectively from a year ago.
- September 2021 prices surpass the previous peak in April 2013 by 0.8%.
- 2,518 HDB resale transactions in September 2021, representing an 8.4% decrease from August 2021.
- Year-on-year, resale volume in September 2021 is 1.2% higher than the previous year.
- Breaking down by room types, in September 2021, 42.6% of the volume comes from HDB 4 Room, 26.6% from 5 Room, 21.4% from 3 Room and 7.6% from Executive. The rest are from 1Room, 2 Room and Multi-Generation.
- The highest transacted price for a resale flat in the month is achieved at $1,295,000 by a 5 Room DBSS unit at Natura Loft. In Non-Mature Estates, the highest transacted price is achieved at $910,000 by an Executive Apartment unit at Hougang Street 31.
- In September 2021, there are 23 HDB resale flats transacted for at least $1,000,000,representing a decrease from August 2021 in which 26 such units were transacted.
The number of million-dollar flats sold comprises 0.9% of the total resale volume in the month.
In the first nine months of 2021, a total of 174 HDB flats have been transacted for more than a million dollars so far, which is a 278.3% increase from the same period last year.