HDB resale prices increase 1.1% in August 2021 compared to July 2021. Mature and Non-Mature Estates prices increase by 1.4% and 1.0% respectively, as compared to July 2021. In terms of room types, 3 Room, 4 Room, 5 Room and Executive prices increase by 0.9%, 1.2%, 1.2% and 1.5% respectively.
According to the SRX Property Price Index for HDB Resale:
- Year-on-year, the overall price increase is 13.7%.
- Year-on-year, prices for all room types increase in August 2021: 3 Room by 15.0%, 4 Room by 13.3%, 5 Room by 13.4% and Executive by 12.4%.
- Mature and Non-Mature Estates prices increase by 12.4% and 14.7% respectively from a year ago.
- August 2021 prices are 0.1% lower than the peak in April 2013.
- 2,748 HDB resale transactions in August 2021, representing a 3.2% increase from July 2021.
- Year-on-year, resale volume in August 2021 is 12.9% higher than the previous year.
- Breaking down by room types, in August 2021, 42.9% of the volume comes from HDB 4 Room, 27.4% from 5 Room, 21.1% from 3 Room and 7.6% from Executive. The rest are from 2 Room.
- The highest transacted price for a resale flat in the month is achieved at $1,280,000 by a 5 Room DBSS unit at Natura Loft. In Non-Mature Estates, the highest transacted price is achieved at $885,000 by an Executive Maisonette unit at Toh Guan Road.
- In August 2021, there are 26 HDB resale flats transacted for at least $1,000,000,which is the highest number of million-dollar flats sold in a month.
The number of million-dollar flats sold comprises 0.9% of the total resale volume in the month.
In the first eight months of 2021, a total of 151 HDB flats have been transacted for more than a million dollars so far, which is a 297.4% increase from the same period last year.