According to the SRX Property Price Index for HDB Resale:
- Price increase for the whole of 2020 is 6.4% (i.e. Dec 19 vs Dec 20), an increase from the 0.3% rise in 2019.
- Prices for all room types increase in 2020: 3 Room by 6.0%, 4 Room by 6.1%, 5 Room by 5.7% and Executive by 3.0%.
- Mature and Non-Mature Estates prices increase by 4.3% and 7.8% respectively in 2020.
- December 2020 prices are 8.6% lower than the peak in April 2013.
2. 2,489 HDB resale transactions in December 2020, representing a 6.8% increase from November 2020.
- Year-on-year, resale volume in December 2020 is 34.0% higher than the previous year.
- Breaking down by room types, in December 2020, 40.0% of the volume comes from HDB 4 Room, 28.0% from 5 Room, 22.0% from 3 Room and 8.8% from Executive. The rest are from 2 Room.
- A total of 23,427 resale transactions are recorded for the whole of 2020, which is 4.3% higher than 2019.
3. The highest transacted price for a resale flat in the month is achieved at $1,218,888 by a 5 Room DBSS unit at Natura Loft; In Non-Mature Estates, the highest transacted price is achieved at $845,888 by an Executive Maisonette unit at Hougang St 21.
- In December 2020, there are 10 HDB resale flats transacted for at least $1,000,000.
- A total of 82 million-dollar HDB resale flats are recorded for the whole of 2020 – the highest ever in a year.
4. Overall median Transaction Over X-Value (T-O-X) is POSITIVE $1,000 in December 2020. This represented no change from November 2020. The median T-O-X for HDB measures whether people are overpaying (POSITIVE T-O-X) or underpaying (NEGATIVE T-O-X) the SRX X-Value estimated market value.
- HDB 3 Room registers a NEGATIVE $500 while 4 Room, 5 Room and Executive register POSITIVE $2,400, $1,000 and $1,000 median T-O-X respectively.
- Clementi and Hougang post the highest median T-O-X at POSITIVE $7,000 in December 2020, followed by Geylang and Tampines at POSITIVE $6,000.
- Serangoon posts the lowest median T-O-X at NEGATIVE $10,200, followed by Ang Mo Kio at NEGATIVE $8,000.
- T-O-X data only include HDB towns with more than 10 resale transactions with X-Value.