1. HDB resale prices increase by 0.7% in February 2020 over January 2020. All room types experience monthly price increases: 3 Room by 0.6%, 4 Room by 0.1%, 5 Room by 1.1% and Executive by 0.9%. Mature Estates prices increase by 1.3% while Non-Mature Estates prices decrease by 0.3%, as compared to January 2020.
According to the SRX Property Price Index for HDB Resale:
- Prices in February 2020 are 1.0% higher from the preceding year.
- February 2020 prices are 13.0% lower than the peak in April 2013.
- Year-on-year, except for 3 Room which decreases by 0.5%, all room types experience price increases: 4 Room by 0.7%, 5 Room by 1.2% and Executive by 0.9%.
- Year-on-year, Mature Estates prices decrease by 0.6% while Non- Mature Estates prices increase by 2.2%.
2. 1,668 HDB resale transactions in February 2020, representing a 13.1% decrease from January 2020.
- Year-on-year, resale volume in February 2020 is 26.9% higher than the previous year.
- Breaking down by room types, in February 2020, 44.2% of the volume comes from HDB 4 Room, 24.5% from 5 Room, 22.1% from 3 Room and 6.8% from Executive. The rest are from 2 Room and 1 Room.
3. The highest transacted price for a resale flat in the month is achieved at $1,100,000 by a 5 Room unit at Commonwealth Drive; In Non-Mature Estates, the highest transacted price is achieved at $858,000 by an Executive Maisonette unit at Hougang St 21.
- In February 2020, there are five HDB resale flat transacted for at least $1,000,000.
4. Overall median Transaction Over X-Value (T-O-X) is POSITIVE $2,000 in February 2020. This represented an increase of $2,500 from January 2020. The median T-O-X for HDB measures whether people are overpaying (POSITIVE T-O-X) or underpaying (NEGATIVE T-O-X) the SRX Property X-Value estimated market value.
- HDB 3 Room records NEGATIVE $1,000 median T-O-X, while HDB 4 Room, 5 Room and Executive record POSITIVE $2,000, POSITIVE $3,000 and POSITIVE $11,000.
- Serangoon posts the highest median T-O-X at POSITIVE $14,000 in February 2020, followed by Geylang at POSITIVE $7,000.
- Marine Parade posts the lowest median T-O-X at NEGATIVE $26,000, followed by Bishan at NEGATIVE $24,500.
- T-O-X data only include HDB towns with more than 10 resale transactions with X-Value.
5. An estimated 6,799 flats will become eligible to join the HDB resale market in the next three months, based on SRX data, as these units approach their respective official 5-year Minimum Occupation Period.