Just Ask

im looking to invest in private apartment or condo unit.my question is ,can I buy as sole owner as my spouse is a non citizen or as joint owner? And which one is better low rise or high rise because I'm looking to sell it to foreign buyer in future.thanks in advance.

Posted by Jamal Ali on 18 Nov, 2015 at 11:40AM

Category: Property Investments

Report Abuse

186 4

Total 4 Answers

Answered on 5 Dec, 2015 at 12:30PM

Foreigners are allowed to buy private condominium in Singapore. Additional
Buyer's Stamp Duty applies, however. Might be more wallet friendly to apply as a
sole owner.

Mid to high rise often preferred for resale. For investment purposes buy a good
mid floor unit will do (less costly.)


Answered on 18 Nov, 2015 at 8:27AM

Dear ?? ?,

The answer to your first question depends on residential statuses here
(Singapore Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Foreigner) for both, and also the
number of active mortgages you're servicing, they'll determine which option is

As for the second question, generically speaking high rise might be more
appealing than low rise. However, again there are several other factors such as
location, condition, nearby amenities, etc. that collectively determine the
overall attractiveness of a property.

Ashe (ERA)

  • Ashwani Kumar (Ashe)

Answered on 26 Nov, 2015 at 12:58PM


Can I know which area of Condo/Apartment you want to invest ? Do contact me at
9273 6096 for further discussion.

HP:9273 6096

  • Mr Alex Zheng

Answered on 19 Nov, 2015 at 9:42AM

Dear ? ?, can I meet you to further discuss your requirements at no financial
obligation on your part? You are also free to ask me any questions and clarify
all your concerns.
Best regards, Serena Ho Propnex 96605316

  • MS Serena Ho

Post an Answer

Please login to answer this question