Latest HDB Ads
HDB resale prices dipped on declining volume
HDB resale prices dropped by 0.6% in February 2015 compared to January 2015.
- HDB resale prices dipped in February. HDB resale prices dropped by 0.6% in February 2015 compared to January 2015. The price drop was driven by HDB 3 Room, 4 Room and Executive Flats whose resale prices decreased by 1.2%, 0.6%, and 0.4%, respectively. The resale prices for HDB 5 Room remained unchanged from Jan 2015.
According to the SRX Property Price Index for HDB Resale:
- Year-on-year, prices have dropped 5.7% from February 2014;
- Prices have declined 10.2% since the peak in April 2013;
- Price change in Jan 2015 has been revised from a 0.6% increase to a 0.2% increase;
According to the SRX Property Price Sub-Indices for HDB Resale:
- The HDB Resale prices decreased in both mature and non-mature estates;
- In Feb 2015, HDB resale prices decreased 0.6% and 0.7% in mature estates and non-mature estates respectively.
- Year-on-year, prices in mature estates have declined 3.2% from Feb 2014;
- Year-on-year, prices in non-mature estates have declined 7.6% from Feb 2014;
- Resale volume up year-on-year. According to HDB resale data compiled by SRX Property, 1,148 HDB resale flats were sold in February 2015, an 8.5% decrease from 1,255 transacted units in January 2015.
- Year-on-year, resale volume increased by 20.7% compared with 951 units resold in February 2014;
- Resale volume is down 68.5% compared to its peak of 3,649 units in May 2010.
- Overall median Transaction Over X-Value (T-O-X) remained negative. According to SRX Property, HDB prices continue to face downward pressure and negative market sentiment in February 2015. The median T-O-X for HDB measures whether people are overpaying or underpaying the SRX Property X-Value estimated market value.
- Overall Median T-O-X was NEGATIVE $4,000 in February 2015, a $3,000 drop from NEGATIVE $1,000 in January 2015;
- Median T-O-X for HDB 3, 4, and 5 Room flats were negative while Executive flats saw a positive median T-O-X.
- Bukit Merah posted the highest median T-O-X. For HDB towns having more than 10 resale transactions with T-O-X in February 2015, Bukit Merah reported the highest median TOX of $13,000, followed by $5,200 in Punggol and $3,000 in Hougang.
This means that majority of the buyers in these towns has purchased units above the computer-generated market value.
- Among relatively active towns, Jurong West and Sembawang posted the most Negative median T-O-X. Among HDB towns having more than 10 resale transactions with T-O-X in February 2015, the lowest median T-O-X were in Jurong West, Sembawang, and Jurong East at NEGATIVE $ 8,000, NEGATIVE $8,000, and NEGATIVE $7,500, respectively.
This means that majority of the buyers in these towns has purchased units below the computer generated market value.